Beginner race

Got a question about Offroad Ontario, here's the place to get it answered.

Beginner race

Postby Forts » Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:23 pm

Hey all, new here and looking to start racing in 2023. I am sure this question has been on here before but after scrolling for a while I haven’t found anything yet.

Can anyone recommend any XC races that are good for brand new riders/racers? I started back with a new bike in 2022 riding in my local trails. Haven’t had a bike in 25 years. Just so you have an idea.

Thank you
Forts

Re: Beginner race

Postby SigPig » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:46 am

I haven't raced in a few years now and only managed to get to the eastern races, but I always found the Cochrane's XC to be very friendly.
Chris Carter
2020 BETA 250 RE
2012 KTM 200 XC-W
SigPig

Postby Forts » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:17 pm

SigPig wrote:I haven't raced in a few years now and only managed to get to the eastern races, but I always found the Cochrane's XC to be very friendly.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check it out
Forts

Postby TekMason » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:56 pm

Forts wrote:Hey all, new here and looking to start racing in 2023. I am sure this question has been on here before but after scrolling for a while I haven’t found anything yet.

Can anyone recommend any XC races that are good for brand new riders/racers? I started back with a new bike in 2022 riding in my local trails. Haven’t had a bike in 25 years. Just so you have an idea.

Thank you

Just dive in and sign up for Motopark on Saturday. I don't think it will be a brutal track middle of the road for technical and speed.

747C Talaria Sting
TekMason

Postby kiwi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:30 am

TekMason wrote:
Forts wrote:Hey all, new here and looking to start racing in 2023. I am sure this question has been on here before but after scrolling for a while I haven’t found anything yet.

Thank you

Just dive in and sign up for Motopark on Saturday. I don't think it will be a brutal track middle of the road for technical and speed.

747C Talaria Sting

MotorPark trails were Gnarly compared to other "nicer" trails!

My top Events are:
RJs
Cochranes (when its hosted there)
Burnt River (when its hosted there)

I would Suggest making RJs is definitely on your list. Close to the GTA, trails are "flowy" and in June its not as hot!
kiwi

Postby TekMason » Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:16 pm

kiwi wrote:
TekMason wrote:

747C Talaria Sting

MotorPark trails were Gnarly compared to other "nicer" trails!

My top Events are:
RJs
Cochranes (when its hosted there)
Burnt River (when its hosted there)

I would Suggest making RJs is definitely on your list. Close to the GTA, trails are "flowy" and in June its not as hot!

I thought MP WAS a nice track. Perhaps I need to adjust my expectations. My preference would have been a little more knarly with more hill climbs, off cambers and downed logs to cross. A little less MX track and fewer rocks would have been nice.

747C
Rusty Nut on a Talaria Sting
TekMason

Return to General Discussion