2018 promotion list

Got a question about Offroad Ontario, here's the place to get it answered.

2018 promotion list

Postby WayBro » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:29 pm

Please be aware that all names posted on promotion list have been placed into their new class in registration system.

Any rider(s) that are shown to have an option of going up or staying in the same class needs send a request letter to the Competion committee chair to have the registrar updated. If you do not send request you will only have one option for class selection

This request needs to be sent before you try to register for 2018 season so updates can be made
2018 Off Road Ontario Promotion list 1-3-2018.pdf
(114.91 KiB) Downloaded 259 times
WayBro

Re: 2018 promotion list

Postby mkeeping » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:03 pm

Hi Wayne or Jill

Out of curiosity, I'm wondering if you can explain the logic or intent behind giving people an option to move to the next class, as part of the promotion process. I thought that we always had the option to self-promote to the next class? I don't recall seeing this in the past an I was wondering of you could provide some background.

Thanks,
Max
mkeeping

Postby Bean » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:29 pm

Max, I've been apart of the promotion number crunching and the lap time comparisons for a few years now. We have always given a handful of people the option. They haven't meet the full criteria to get bumped but are pretty close. Normally it just involves an email to these people giving them the option, therefore most other people haven't been aware of it. With the registration system upgrade this year, we filled the database with the promotions before registration went live and I emailed those who had the option to contact me if they didn't want to move up.
Hopefully this helps some.
Jill
Bean

Postby Kayeffess » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:42 am

With the new registration system, will we be able to to see who is in our class ... aside from race registrations.
Kayeffess

Postby yamafitter » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:55 pm

Kayeffess wrote:With the new registration system, will we be able to to see who is in our class ... aside from race registrations.

As an individual member you do not have access to the backend of the system and therefore cannot see other members information.
The only time you will see other members is in the pre-entry list for individual events.
yamafitter

Return to General Discussion