OO New Member Guide

Got a question about Offroad Ontario, here's the place to get it answered.

OO New Member Guide

Postby JTQ » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:31 am

Hello Everyone,

I am going to start assembling some helpful info for new OO members / racers. Hopefully this will answer some of the common questions. Please bare with me as this will be a work in progress. We welcome suggestions from other riders so please feel free to add to this topic.

First of all welcome to all of the racers from WEC and any new riders who will be joining us this year. For WEC riders who have not raced an OO event I think you will find the formats are quite similar, with a few more riders, longer laps in some cases and fewer motocross sections overall.

Registration Link: http://offroadontario.ca/blog/?page_id=20

If you have any issues with registration please contact our Registrar: registration@offroadontario.ca

Classes with colours/number ranges:
http://offroadontario.ca/blog/wp-conten ... 2016V2.pdf

Pro class numbers in correct colours (3 sides) are enforced. Other classes we like to see a number at least on the front, even it it’s a temporary one so we can back up score participants. Electronic scoring is great but it's nice to have a manual backup in case there is a dispute or issue. In an ideal world everyone would have the correct numbers and colour scheme but we are realistic so please do your best with whatever means you have to make a legible number. (tape, markers, house number stickers etc.) If you can do the correct colours somehow, that's even better. If riders have duplicate numbers (ie. you want to use your current number plates that are in the correct range for you class but that number is taken), please contact the registrar and we can add an X or another letter to differentiate your number and you can tape on the extra letter.

Class Notes
:

Afternoon XC Classes: (2.5 hour race) – generally do a slightly longer/more technical course (extra tricky sections added in – hills, endurocross etc.)
Pro – self explanatory
Expert – generally similar in speed to Vet Expert riders. I think of them as “slow pros”
Intermediate – self explanatory
Novice A – fastest novices (ONLY RACE 2 HOURS)
Vet AA – fastest vets / retired pros (ONLY RACE 2 HOURS)

Morning XC Classes: (2 hour race)
Vet A – fast vets, typically guys who started riding late and have progressed
Vet B – mid range vets, some still progressing
Vet C – beginner or slow vets
Novice B – think of this as typical “novice”, one step up from beginner
Novice C – beginner class, new to racing
Womens A – fast women who want to do a full 2 hour race and ride the full course

Kids/Womens B – see our rulebook for ages/wheel/bike sizes.

Rules Link: http://offroadontario.ca/blog/wp-conten ... 2016-1.pdf

In general the WEC and OO rulebooks are quite similar. It may help to familiarize yourself with the rulebook in the offseason. We have a couple of rule amendments for 2017 that will be posted shortly, primarily related to electronic scoring for enduros.

Drop Races: These apply to OO Provincial series only, not the CXCC or National Enduro series. For 2017, all classes except Pro can drop one XC and one enduro event. All classes except Pro can also get worker points (volunteer) for one XC and one enduro event. Worker points are equivalent to your best place finish in that series. This should enable more riders to compete in the enduro series even if they don't have a blue plated bike, required for the Beagle Bash and Terra Nova.

Waivers: All adult participants will sign a single online waiver for the year when they register. All minor participants should review the details in this link to print, sign and bring the waiver to the first event. Note, minor waivers must be signed by BOTH parents. http://offroadontario.ca/blog/?page_id=2157

FAQ Link: http://offroadontario.ca/blog/?page_id=1804

We are looking forward to seeing everyone at the races!

Cheers,
Jeremy Quinn
OO President
JTQ

Re: OO New Member Guide

Postby abc2milton » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:30 pm

I was wondering how one volunteers for an event to have it count towards their standings?
abc2milton

Postby JTQ » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:17 am

You can reach out to the hosting club or if you aren't sure who to contact feel free to post something on the forum and we will direct you.

You can earn volunteer points for one XC and one Enduro event towards the championships. Volunteer points are equivalent to your best points finish. ie. if your best finish is 3rd place in that series you get 20 points.

Thx,
Jeremy Quinn
JTQ

Postby skidoorules_98 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:21 pm

I believe workers points is the average of your points acquired over any single season for the particular series. For example if you had an average finish of 5th in enduro you would not acquire fifth place points at a xc event.
Proud member of the Highside Racing Team
skidoorules_98

Postby estrohak » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:23 am

The "RULES" are readily available for reading on this website, here is a link. http://offroadontario.ca/blog/?page_id=57

Worker points rule reads as below.

1.2.3 Worker Points
A rider will be awarded points equivalent to the rider’s best finish during
the respective series for working an event. A rider may only receive
worker points a maximum of twice per season. One set of worker points
equivalent to the rider's best XC finish and one set of worker points
equivalent to the rider's best Enduro finish.
To qualify for worker points, the rider must volunteer to work at least 5
days prior to the event, and be accepted by the event organizer. A rider
cannot compete in an event and also receive worker points.
estrohak
Site Admin

Postby skidoorules_98 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:47 pm

Whoops. Must have reverted the rules back to pre 2016 season description for this season. Last year was the average.
Proud member of the Highside Racing Team
skidoorules_98

Postby blair » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:04 am

You are correct it was one of the rule changes for 2017.
blair

Postby blair » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:28 pm

For up to date rules and classes go to the 2019 rule book.
blair

Postby NicholasCole » Mon May 13, 2019 7:59 pm

Been years since I have raced. Signed up for novice A. Sign in starts at 7:00am. Do I have to sign-in in the morning or can I do it later on in the day, as my races don’t start till 1:00pm.
NicholasCole

Return to General Discussion