Kennelly Mountain ?

Got a question about Offroad Ontario, here's the place to get it answered.

Kennelly Mountain ?

Postby Timothy » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:43 pm

I just saw the 2018 xc schedule . Where is Kennelly Mountain ? What type of course /terrain is it.Exciting to see a new venue !
Timothy

Re: Kennelly Mountain ?

Postby tricky60 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:44 pm

I will kick of a response to your question, and I am sure someone more knowledgeable will join in. Kennelly Mountain is in Eastern Ontario near Calabogie. So as the name implies, there is likely some Canadian Shield and elevation changes.
tricky60

Postby bkowal » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:27 pm

A motocross track and a ton of new trail cut for the event. Expect large rocky elevation changes. There was some talk that the road getting into the place is a little tricky for large trailers due to the steep grade.

http://www.kmmx.ca/

Bryan Kowalchuk
bkowal

Postby koobly » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:25 pm

bkowal wrote:A motocross track and a ton of new trail cut for the event. Expect large rocky elevation changes. There was some talk that the road getting into the place is a little tricky for large trailers due to the steep grade.

http://www.kmmx.ca/

Bryan Kowalchuk

Can anyone comment into the trailer access with a little more detail? This is a long haul for me, so the toy hauler is coming with, or I'd likely pass. But I'd really like to race the new venue.

Chris
koobly

Postby JTQ » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:16 pm

According to the landowners and people who have visited, the drive way is well maintained (gravel) and there is lots of field parking / camping space available for large RVs and trailers. They are used to hosting events and have had lots of large rigs on site. The property is on a mountain up from Calabogie but the road is also well maintained. You just need a vehicle that can climb a reasonable grade.

If it rains heavily the grass might be squishy, just like any other venue but this one is not any more difficult to access. I believe he has a tractor in a pinch.

Chris and Sheri are excited about hosting an OO event and are hoping for great weather and a good turnout!

The event flyer should be ready within a few weeks.

Cheers,
Jeremy
JTQ

Return to General Discussion