*********************TRAIL BIKE INSURANCE*******************

Got a question about Offroad Ontario, here's the place to get it answered.

*********************TRAIL BIKE INSURANCE*******************

Postby grappos » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:12 pm

Happy to be back in 2018 as a sponsor of Off Road Ontario.

Hit me up for all your trail bike insurance needs.

905-895-7775 or email me at george@georgerappos.com

I ride'm and insure'm.

George Rappos, State Farm Agent
(T) 905-895-7775
Toll Free 1-866-921-3444
george@georgerappos.com
http://www.georgerappos.com
grappos

Re: *********************TRAIL BIKE INSURANCE***************

Postby skidoorules_98 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:02 pm

Thanks for sponsoring. Since your posting in, and are a sponsor of OO ontario a competion group, does your insurance cover during racing events?
Proud member of the Highside Racing Team
skidoorules_98

Postby grappos » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:00 pm

Unfortunately, you will have a challenge finding an insurer to cover you for any type of competition racing. There really is no appetite, from the insurers, to cover any risk due to racing.
grappos

Postby ScottyR » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:17 pm

skidoorules_98 wrote:Thanks for sponsoring. Since your posting in, and are a sponsor of OO ontario a competion group, does your insurance cover during racing events?

There isnt an insurance company out there that would cover you during a competition event.
ScottyR

Postby skidoorules_98 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:59 pm

So lets play devils advocate. Insurance company says do you race this bike? Respondent says oh no I trail ride only. Insurance provided. Person races no issue understanding they have no insurance during the race. Said person leaves race and next week during trail riding runs into a four wheeler and person on four wheeler gets hurt. Insurance company researches internet and finds results posted in a competition event from a week earlier. Said person only owns one bike. What happens to your coverage for the accident a week later? Does the insurance company have a legal right or authority to cancel your insurance and not pay out on the premise your insurance was null and void the week before because you raced the bike?
Proud member of the Highside Racing Team
skidoorules_98

Postby David Benson » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:54 am

This is interesting. During an enduro event where we use public roads to transit from race section to race section would you be covered if you where clipped by a vehicle. You're still under the umbrella of the event but not racing at the time of the indecent.
David Benson

Postby krgoodwin » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:26 am

skidoorules_98 wrote:So lets play devils advocate. Insurance company says do you race this bike? Respondent says oh no I trail ride only. Insurance provided. Person races no issue understanding they have no insurance during the race. Said person leaves race and next week during trail riding runs into a four wheeler and person on four wheeler gets hurt. Insurance company researches internet and finds results posted in a competition event from a week earlier. Said person only owns one bike. What happens to your coverage for the accident a week later? Does the insurance company have a legal right or authority to cancel your insurance and not pay out on the premise your insurance was null and void the week before because you raced the bike?

I would say yes, they have the authority to deny. The individual in the scenario lied to the insurance company. It is in the insurance companies interest to deny claims. Maybe/hopefully individuals at the insurance company will take pity and allow the claim to go through but they are not obligated to and I highly doubt they would be directed to from the corporate folks.

David Benson wrote:This is interesting. During an enduro event where we use public roads to transit from race section to race section would you be covered if you where clipped by a vehicle. You're still under the umbrella of the event but not racing at the time of the indecent.

This is the same issue faced with the car rally guys. Competition rules say the car must be insured for transit stages. Ontario insurance rules say vehicle cannot take part in competition. You end up either lying to the insurance company, paying crazy amounts for facility insurance, or somehow sneaking through with no insurance.
krgoodwin

Postby grappos » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:17 am

Good day Everyone:

Just a friendly reminder to make certain you carry your pink liability slip with you while riding. I'm hearing the OPP is cracking down big-time on riders crossing the street while going from bush to bush. www.georgerappos.com
grappos

Postby grappos » Thu May 03, 2018 1:15 pm

State Farm underwriting rules have recently changed as it pertains to applying collision coverage and comprehensive coverage (fire and theft) on some make/models of trail bikes. Most trail bikes can only be insured with Third Party Liability. Some trail bikes, like the KTM 450XC or the Yamaha WR450 can be insured with collision and comprehensive. Call my office for further clarification. 905-895-7775; www.georgerappos.com
grappos

Postby grappos » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:55 pm

Just a friendly reminder to all members that your trail bike, with liability coverage only, should cost you less that $100 per year. Give me a call in the office at 905-895-7775. Or visit our website at www.georgerappos.com
grappos

Return to General Discussion