A couple of Noob questions - race numbers and classes

What you need to enter our events!

A couple of Noob questions - race numbers and classes

Postby kiwi » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:37 pm

Hi,
I'm a (keen) noob offroad rider.. been doing trail tours for a few years, then got a WR250F last year, and Have ridden woods (Ganny) a few times. Looking to set some goals, and thought I would join OO and *try* myself out at some events.

So I have a few questions,

1) I'm in the 40+ age group, should I sign up for Vet C? Will that be most appropriate class for me? At this stage I'm looking to just *complete* an event not win ;)

2) What size should the numbers on the plates be? I'd probably need smaller ones for above the light on the front of the bike since it has a headlight..

cheers

B.
kiwi

Re: A couple of Noob questions - race numbers and classes

Postby tricky60 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:25 am

Yes, you should likely start in Vet C, but don't be surprised if you do win an event there. Competent trail riders are sometimes quite competitive when they start racing, either in Novice C or Vet C.
8" numbers likely won't fit above your headlight, but 6" might and 5" should. Either will do on the front. The side numbers should be at least 6".
Enjoy and good luck!
tricky60

Postby kiwi » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:20 am

thanks for the reply. Looking forward to coming out. :)

cheers
kiwi

Postby krgoodwin » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:13 am

I also have a question related to number plates. The rule book says I need numbers and "Failure to do so will result in exclusion from the back up scoring."

What is back up scoring? If I don't have numbers will that be a problem? The number in question is my Offroad Ontario number not the event number right?
krgoodwin

Postby Bean » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:53 am

When you register, you receive a transponder. You mount the transponder where instructed. Each lap you complete in the event you will come through scoring and the transponder records you. Technology isn't always flawless so there is someone at scoring writing the numbers of each bike that comes through for back up. If there is a technology issue, we have another source of data to go from. If you number on your bike is incorrect or not legible, back up scoring because more difficult. It is your responsibility to have correct, clear numbers on your bike.
Bean

Return to Membership