Volunteer Process needs to be made easier

Got a question about Offroad Ontario, here's the place to get it answered.

Volunteer Process needs to be made easier

Postby abc2milton » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:14 am

I understand that to volunteer all i have to do is select Marshalling in LiveLaps and it will register me BUT i have had problems:

For Anthill it still wanted me to pay even though i choose that option - so i guess there is a checkbox that the organizer needs to check as i did not have this problem for the Cord
    It is not obvious who to contact per the rules to be accepted BEFORE you signup - its the day before Gopher Dunes and i just found out who the organizer was...
Rule:
To qualify for worker points, the rider must volunteer to work at least 5
days prior to the event and be accepted by the event organizer.
abc2milton

Re: Volunteer Process needs to be made easier

Postby Bean » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:09 pm

I was pretty sure the "marshal" option tab was just for the scoring crew to test the system when each event goes live on LiveLaps. On Off-Road Ontario's home page, there is a tab on the top "event calendar". All the host clubs are listed there and are correct with the exception of Gully Mor. This year it is being hosted by WEC not H.O.R.R.A.
Bean

Postby yamafitter » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:23 am

^^^^^^
This is basically correct. The Marshals class is for testing purposes that we use in the morning to make sure that the scoring system is functioning properly (at least at the start of the day).
If you wish to volunteer at an event you need to contact the promoter or hosting club for that event to make the proper arrangements.

Bill Fitkowski
yamafitter

Postby abc2milton » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:14 am

Bill, the point is it was not easy to find out who the promoter was and in the end the email address i was given was not correct.

I hope this post helps others in the future:

- go to calendar and find the organizing club WAY in advance
- contact the club... somehow - hopefully they have an email address that is monitored
- get the response and HOLD ON TO IT
- forward the response to Wayne so that he has a record
- if it was a WEC event they give out their Overall winner at their last event so you need to keep the email handy for them
abc2milton

Return to General Discussion