XC or Enduro for a first time event.

Got a question about Offroad Ontario, here's the place to get it answered.

Re: XC or Enduro for a first time event.

Postby Kayeffess » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:04 am

I don’t think you will have an issue with your 500. The max mileage between gas stops is in the enduro rules.... I think it is between 60-80 km.... might be worth checking. Xc races you are doing laps and passing a pit area every lap where you can leave a gas can an stop if you need. The anthill is usually the longest with a 20-25 km loop... two laps is the normal race length and fast guys get 3. I ride my beta 390 pretty hard and have never had a gas issue. I have a large tank and put it on for the anthill one year but it wasn’t needed. Since then I’ve been on the stock tank.
Kayeffess

Postby blair » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:49 pm

55km is max distance allowed in enduros between gas stops.
blair

Postby gqelements » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:45 pm

blair wrote:55km is max distance allowed in enduros between gas stops.

Amazing, thank you.

I guess many bikes then don't even need a full tank @ the start (to keep the weight lower). What is the typical race mileage then overall? (i.e. how much gas should i be bringing with me?)
gqelements

Postby jp4 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:21 pm

gqelements wrote:
blair wrote:55km is max distance allowed in enduros between gas stops.

Amazing, thank you.

I guess many bikes then don't even need a full tank @ the start (to keep the weight lower). What is the typical race mileage then overall? (i.e. how much gas should i be bringing with me?)

I would not rely on the 55km rule. Not everything at OO events goes off exactly as per the rule book ... not complaining, just saying. And your bike doesn't always do what you expect.

Unless you have some crazy monster big tank, I'd suggest you fill your tank up at the start, and every fuel stop. A little extra fuel weight doesn't make a difference for most of us. Running out of gas does.

Good luck.
jp4

Previous

Return to General Discussion