Directions Tab to race events

Got a question about Offroad Ontario, here's the place to get it answered.

Directions Tab to race events

Postby kevlar » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:38 am

I believe in the past there was a Directions tab on your main page showing the directions to all of the races. Can this tab be reinstated please as it is a big help for working out accommodations, especially for events we've never been to, as well as events that might have changed locations.

Also, if it could be stated whether overnight camping, (and in what capacity), is available is a big plus too. I realise that some of this information does come out on the individual flyers as these events get closer, however if overnight accommodation is needed, often that is too late.
kevlar

Re: Directions Tab to race events

Postby estrohak » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:25 pm

screenshot-www.livelaps.com-2019.03.11-17-22-10.png
screenshot-www.livelaps.com-2019.03.11-17-22-10.png (1.28 MiB) Viewed 239 times
estrohak
Site Admin

Postby kevlar » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:09 pm

Thanks for your response. I just tried that, two methods...

1) If you set the settings to Canada, and put in your postal code, and set within 1,000 km, it apparently shows many 2019 locations in the States, although none in Canada.

2) If you go straight to Off-Road Ontario events, it only shows 2018 and past events. History shows these events can, and do, change locations.

What I am looking for is Off-Road Ontario event locations, (directions), for 2019, and whether they allow onsite camping. Having this information available before the individual event flyers is a big help for securing decent hotel reservations if required.
kevlar

Postby PLMJCE » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:44 pm

I assume you will be able to google map these but from my experience based on past races see below

Beagle Bash - Langton Community Center, I think camping was near by but not at the community center, its a "home" race for us so no need to camp

Mini Pine - Ganaraska Forest, Look at one of last years flyers for the new parking spot in the woods, only bring your truck if you can its a winding drive in and tight parking once there, camping I assume could be obtained at Sandaraska Forest but no camping at the Event Parking/Start

Cochranes, Just Google Map Search for Cochranes Motocross and you will find it between Colborne and Brighton. Never Raced here so I cannot speak to camping.

Burnt River - Google Map Search for Burnt River MX, there was camping available last year

RJs - Its just north of Barrie, again google map search it; and camping has been available in the past

Kennelly Mountain - again google map it but its north east out near Calaboogie area to the West of Renfrew, we did not make it last year but I believe there was camping

Gopher Dunes - google it but its in Courtland, South East of Tillsonburg, they typically allow camping even on a regular training weekend you can always call ahead to gohper to confirm as well.

La Dore Ntl Enduro - its obviously out in or near La Dore, Quebec and yes there will be camping available

Brush Axe SE - It is in Kearney, yes there is camping and if it is like last year they also held an open trail ride of the course the day after the race for a small fee but again that was last year.

Anthill - is around Conestogo Lake in Moorefield just north of St, Jacobs, there is no camping on site but I think there is camping near by but not sure where as we just drive this one as well.

Parry Sound XC - this is held typically at the Ontario Camp for the Deaf/MotoCamp, there has been camping in the past

Gully Mor - is near Alvinston (google map gully mor moto) and there has been camping in the past

Corduroy Ntl Enduro - Gooderham Ont. Yes camping available

Great Pine - see notes on Mini Pine they are held at the same place/starting point typically

Terra Nova - starts from Silver Brooke Golf Club, no camping on site; there may be some near by but not sure as we just drive

ALL if anything above it incorrect or you have more info on this year's camping availability feel free to correct me just going off last years info that I remember.

Jenny Mancini
#999 Womens Pro
2015 KTM 250XCFW
2019 KTM 300 XCW TPi
PLMJCE

Postby estrohak » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:42 am

kevlar wrote:Thanks for your response. I just tried that, two methods...

1) If you set the settings to Canada, and put in your postal code, and set within 1,000 km, it apparently shows many 2019 locations in the States, although none in Canada.

2) If you go straight to Off-Road Ontario events, it only shows 2018 and past events. History shows these events can, and do, change locations.

What I am looking for is Off-Road Ontario event locations, (directions), for 2019, and whether they allow onsite camping. Having this information available before the individual event flyers is a big help for securing decent hotel reservations if required.

Glad to see that you were able to navigate the system to find events that have been created and are on the system. Once OO creates their events in the system for 2019 they also will be able to be easily found.
estrohak
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion