Gopher Dunes XC?

Event information and registration.

Moderator: yamafitter

Gopher Dunes XC?

Postby Max17 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:08 pm

Is there any information available somewhere about the Gopher Dunes XC this Saturday? Other events have posters on the main OO page but not Gopher Dunes. Does anyone here know the cost to enter and the schedule for the day?
Max17

Re: Gopher Dunes XC?

Postby yamafitter » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:09 am

Schedule is identical to the Kennelly Mountain XC event:
Sign-In opens at 7:00
PeeWees start at 8:00
Minis & Women Novice 9:00
Morning Classes 10:30
Afternoon Classes 13:00

Fees:
Most classes $65
Minis & Women Novice $35
PeeWee $25
Discount of $20 from adult entry fee for extra family members.

Please note the following:
This is a SATURDAY event. Online registration is open on the LiveLaps website and is strongly recommended to save you time at registration.
New this year if you have pre-registered you will not have to stop at the shop and just go directly to the OO Trailer for helmet transponder verification / sign-in.
If you require a new transponder or are entering the event on the day of the event you will need to stop and go into the shop before proceeding out to the track.
The flyer for the event is posted on the OffRoad Ontario Facebook page.

Bill Fitkowski
yamafitter

Postby Max17 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:56 am

Thanks Bill.

What time does sign-in and sound check close in the morning? If we were running late and didn't arrive until 9:30 or 10 AM, would we still be able to sign in if we're already pre-registered? I plan to arrive well before that but I'm just wondering if there is a cut-off deadline incase we get a late start or hit heavier than usual traffic that morning.
Max17

Postby yamafitter » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:28 pm

I don’t have an answer about sound check. I don’t remember there being one last year.
The registration will remain open till at least noon but if you are riding in the Morning Adult race I would give yourself at least an hour before the start to get unloaded, set up your gas stop and do registration.
Don’t be THAT GUY because we will not hold the start for late people. The only reason we are sometimes delayed is due to getting the course cleared from the previous race (ie course re-routes, etc.)

Bill Fitkowski
yamafitter

Postby Max17 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:24 am

Perfect, thanks Bill.
Max17

Postby Max17 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:57 pm

Thanks to everyone who helped make this event happen. Great job all round!
Max17

Return to Cross Country Events